Friday 9 September 2011

Layered lovely !


I always look at the sketch and the DT creations over at CLP sketch challenge and drool over the amazing creations but this is the first time I am having a go myself.
I wanted a sketch worthy of this gorgeous new stamp to make a card for one of my best friends birthdays as she turns 40 next week !

The super sweet image is a rubber stamp from the greeting farm and I coloured it with my prisma pencils and added some stickles and pearly stuff I also added a little dot of glossy accents to the dog's nose to make it look wet ! (if you click the pic you'll see it !)

My papers are from the basic grey porcelain paper pad - so beautiful that they have been saved for a special card !
I added a doily which I inked with pink and peach brilliance ink pads so it has a lovely sheen - I also added this to one of my flowers and my lace to make it match perfectly.

The bling swirls are off cuts laying about on my craft mat - I never run a swirl under anything - I always chop it and use the bits on another project !

I am well aware that it isn't a patch on the DT projetcs or some of the other entrants over at CLP but I am quite pleased with it myself especially since it is a new style for me.

I would also like to add my card to the following challenges;

Charisma cardz challenge
- Inspired by a song - Pretty in pink by The Psychedelic Furs (OMG I watched that film sooooo many times as a teenager !!!)
Delightful challenges - Bling it
Do you stack up ? - Texture
Some odd girl - Add some stitching (mine is faux !)
My mums craft shop - Lots of layers
Bearly mine challenges - Flowers, flowers, flowers
My time to craft challenges - Just between friends
Ribbon carousel challenges - Anything goes
Lily pad palette challenge - Colour combo

Thanks for visiting me today - leave a comment so I can visit you too x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

24 comments:

Jacki Daniels said...

Are you mad this is stunning Suzie I am sure your friend will love it and keep forever I would the detail in it is beautiful
Jacki xx

Scrappy Scatty said...

What a lovely card
thank you for joining us at Charisma Cardz this week
Love Jan
xx

Shell Shearer Swinscoe said...

LOL Pretty In Pink is still one of my all time favourite films hun, just love it!!!

Gorgeous card, love your bling swirls just perfect for our challenge!

Thank you for sharing with us at Delightful Challenges this week, good luck!
Hugs Shell xx

Christy said...

This is stunning!!!! :) :) :)

PS, I got the email from you about your giveaway...so excited!!! Thank you for the opportunity to try such a fun product :)

Denise said...

This card is absolutely gorgeous - love everything about it. Cute image, beautiful papers and wonderful embellishments.
Thanks for joining us at DYSU this week xx

Shelby said...

This card is so pretty, delicate and so well done! I adore the charm and the sparkly bling:)! Thanks for joining us this week at MMCS layer it up challenge and hope you'll join us again next week

Shelby

Cor* said...

OMGOSH this is girlie beautiful! Love all the layers and coloring! Great flowes and perfect charm. Thanks so much for joining in at SOG this week! Best of luck to you.

nancie said...

Absolutely Gorgeous. Thanks for joining MTTC. Good Luck. Hugs
Nancie

Marjorie said...

Wow hun this is stunning, papers are gorgeous I'm sure your friend is going to love this, that bag charm is so cute, and the whole card is so girlie just love it!!
Hugs,
Marjorie
xx

Chris_P said...

This is just gorgeous!!! Simply adorable!

Thanks for joining us at Some Odd Girl!

tiggertastic said...

what a wonderful, detailed and very special make
Good luck in the challenges, hugs Sarah-Louise My Blog

Designing for:
Crafty Purple Frog , Sweet Pea Stampers ,Bearly Mine Designs , Kenny K and My Time To Craft

coldwaters2 said...

Oh my word this is just full of sweetness what lovely soft colours the image and embellishments look wonderful thank you for joining our challenge at Bearlymine.
Hugs
Lorraine x

xxxtglxxx said...

Aww, this is pretty in pink! :) Lovely sweet image and gorgeous DP.

Thanks so much for playing along at Charisma Cardz this week,

hugs

xxalisonxx

Debs said...

Oh this is very pretty in pink! Love the image and gorgeous details.
Thanks for playing along with us at Charisma this week.
Good luck.
Debs xx

Cheryl said...

Fabulous card! Great layering and I love that you inked the doily. I never thought of doing that. You've colored the girl beautifully. I've been thinking about getting some Prisma pencils--now I'm sure about it. Cute blog!!! ~Hugs, Cheryl

Donna said...

Hi Suzie, lovely to hear from you, hope you're keeping well! Incredibly pretty card and colours to too :) Donna ♥ x

Naomi said...

This is just SO pretty! Love that Basic Grey DP, the flowers, the bling, and that fabulous sketch! Thanks for playing along with us this week at DYSU!

Unknown said...

Your card looks so professional and so girly at the same time. You did great, I love it.

Tenny Kusuma said...

Beautiful card :D Love the soft colors. OOhh I just LOVE this :D Thank you for playing along with DYSU challenge. Tenny.

Kathy said...

Well Susie I have to tell ya' that this card is the balm!! Absolutely adorable and love all of your yummy details!! Thanks so much for participating in the "Kathy's Color Pad Palette Challenge" :)

Nancy K said...

Sweet and so pretty! I love all the girly details. Thanks for joining us at Lily Pad Cards.

Eulanda said...

This "new style" really works for you doesn't it? OOooooo it is so very pretty!! I'm sure your friend probably loved it!! Crappy reason to get a card (I turn 40 soon too) but we'll all take them where we can. LOL!! I'm such a huge fan of doilies and the whole card is gorgeous!! Great take on the sketchy and thanks so much for joining us at CLP this month. Hope to see you back with a new style card!! Hugs!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, thank you so much for joining in with our stitching challenge on Some Odd Girl.
Caz
x

Amy said...

Such a sweet and beautiful card... makes me want to ink up this older Anya again and your faux stitching is great! :)