Thursday 15 September 2011

Hidden messages

This weeks challenge over at paper crafting journey is a real fun one and I do hope you'll join in.
This week Lisa has set you the challenge of creating a hidden message card - we want to see a message hidden somewhere on your card - it could be on a pull out tag or a message in a little pocket - the options are endless.

Here is my hidden message and I don't mind telling you that I am quite proud of my card esp' as it was my first try at a kinetic card.

I even decorated the inside too !

If you've never tried one and want to have a go I would recommend Beate's fabulous tutorial over at splitcoast stampers which is what I used. I am a visual learner and find it much easier to watch a video tutorial than read a list of instructions but on splitcoast they have both so either way you are covered !

So if you've never seen one of these cards in action let me tell you what happens ! When you pull out the top insert the bottom one magically pushes out too !

I made my card, with this fantastic stamping boutique image, into a get well soon card since we are coming up to the season when I will be wanting a few of these here in the UK !

Our sponsor, The stamping boutique, is offering the winner of this challenge 5 digi images so what are you waiting for ?

Don't forget to hop over to the paper crafting journey challenge blog for more inspiration from the DT and all the details - I just can't wait to see all your super entries x

Card details
Papers - Echo park - happy days
Cardstock - Bazzil
Stamps - Stamping boutique - pocket full of sunshine/Do crafts - Sunshine kisses/Inkadinkadoo - butterfly/Kanban - get well soon


I would like to my card to the following challenges;

Paper sundaes
- Decorate the inside
Challenge up your life - Paper piecing (pocket)
Scrapping cottage challenge - Motion card
Flutterby Wednesdays - Anything goes (with a butterfly !)
Papertake weekly challenge - Things with wings
Going grey with scrap creations - Unique fold (my 1st slidercard !)

Thanks for visiting me today x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

11 comments:

Unknown said...

Hiya,
you really should be proud of this card, it's gorgeous!
I haven't tried one of them yet, it does look quite complicated!
Good idea to stock up on get well soon card, i alway end up buying those,
hugs
Zahreen
xxx

Danni said...

Great card! Thank you for playing along with my flutter by challenge!

Shelly said...

Hiya hun! Love your card, such fab details... it'd definately cheer me up if I received it! Hope you're well, Shelly ;)

Jacki Daniels said...

yep they do lol love yours
Jacki xx

Kathleen said...

Great card, well done for your first go at this style its fab! I like all your stitching detail too. Thanks for joining us at Paper Sundaes this week.
Hugs Kat
PSDT

Heidi said...

Liebe Suzie, was für eine tolle Karte, sie ist großartig!
Vielen Dank, dass du bei Challenge up your life mitgemacht hast.

Liebe Grüße -
Heidi.

Jennifer Scull said...

I love this fun card! so creative in your use of the hidden areas!
have a wonderful weekend! :)

Stella said...

For a frist attempt you did a fab job. I lvoe it and the inside of youer card is just as gorgeous as the outside!
Have a lovely weekend!
XX

yours truly said...

Such a clever, cheerful card! I love the added stitching & the cute li'l button!

~ Ü ~ Hilda

Lisa M. (aka. Lisa @ Farm Fresh) said...

Oh this is lovely! That stitching really caught my eye. I haven't tried one of these cards yet. Very interesting! Thanks for joining us at paper sundaes!

LiSa PSDT

Sharon Caudle said...

Adorable card! Thanks so much for sharing your talents with us at Papertake Weekly and hope you join us again soon!
hugs, Sharon