Sunday 3 February 2013

Just for the fun of it :)

I had a girlie gathering yesterday afternoon - it was bliss :) The boys went out to watch football and my friends arrived bearing gifts of pink wine and flavoured vodka and we had an afternoon of laughter, a few tears and lots of love. I love my friends so much and it was lovely to get us all together and catch up. I hope you have had some fun this weekend too :)

On Friday night hubby went out and I had a night all to myself. I haven't crafted for the sake of it for such a long time so I got out my craft stash, turned the music channel on and spent the night playing !

I started by making these little decorated jars for the dining table
I wrapped some burlap around the jars then tied a picot edge circle on with some twine. The butterflies were die cut with my Crealies die. I ran them through the paper crimper and added a button which I coloured with my pro-marker to match.

Here they are filled with tulips

I liked these so much I made a card using the same design
The DP is from the American crafts neopolitan 12x12 paper pad. I left it blank so I can stamp a sentiment inside when I need it. This way I can use it for any occasion :)

I hope you like the results of my crafty evening - I had a lot of fun just playing for fun :)

I would like to add my creations to the following challenges;

Crafts & me - Use your fav' embellishment (mine are def' butterflies)
Crafty creations challenges - Anything but a card
Flutterby Wednesdays - Anything goes with a butterfly
Simon says stamp  - Anything goes
Sarah Hurley challenge - Anything but a card
Fussy and fancy challenge - Circles

Thanks so much for visiting me today - I love it  when you stop by :)
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

10 comments:

Laura Mackie Stampin' Up! said...

Love the little jars :) so cute

Karen Petitt said...

These are so cute - I love them! Thank you so much for joining us at Paper Crafting Journey for our For A Girl Challenge. We really appreciate it and hope to see you again hugs Karen (PCJ Design Team http://stampinginpink.blogspot.co.uk/ )

Julie said...

Wow - these a fab. Love our crimped butterflies!

Hugs

Julie x

Sarah J Moerman said...

Beautiful decorations and card! I love the the decorations inspired the card! Great colors and design! Thanks for joining us for the Simon Says Stamp Challenge!

canadian_liner said...

Love your spring-inspired tulip-filled jars! It would be so easy to change these up for any season. Thanks for the inspiration.

Danni said...

How wonderful!! Such sweet jars filled with tulips and a delightful card! Thank you for playing along with my Flutter By Wednesday Challenge!

Claire said...

These are fab, love the jars, thanks for joining us over at Sarah Hurley this month.
C xx

fatmonica said...

The jars are gorgeous.They look so lovely with the flowers and I love the matching card.Thanks for joining us at Sarah Hurley.

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous!! Gorgeous! Thanks for joining in at Fussy and Fancy! xx

Rosanne said...

Oh, love these! Thanks for linking up to Little Red Wagon!