Saturday 20 February 2010

Color Throwdown challenge # 80



This is my card entry for Color Throwdowns challenge #80 which I certainly did find quite a challenge.
The colours light green, rust and burgundy are not generally a concoction I would usually use - but I guess thats the whole idea !
I raided my paper stash (which took nearly a whole morning!) and didn't find much that would fit the bill and was just thinking about a trip to my favorite craft shop, Capture The Magic, (poor me!!!!!) when I came across this patterned paper from Imagination Project called No Clue Whatsoever - which sealed the deal.
Although there is no "rust" colour in the paper I added a mat of orange and then the ribbon colours seemed to pull it all together.
The button is a spare one of an old coat (I love to recycle and re-use) and the ric rac was a little cut off which I saved from a past project - see I do use those little bits and bobs which my husband is always telling me off for keeping !
The border was created using my gorgeous new Martha Stewart border punch and the stamps I used are from the See-D's set Blooming Friendships.
Hope you like it x

5 comments:

dpkennedy said...

Wow, what a pretty flower you created! Thanks so much for playing the Color Throwdown!

Caryl P said...

Wow, this is such a fun card! I love how the ribbon has the color needed. The border punch and inside really pull it all together. Luck couple that receives this!

Debi said...

Beautiful card! Thank you for playing along with this weeks Color Throwdown.

LeAnne said...

Very cute! What a sweet card--thanks for playing with us!!

Tammy Hershberger said...

What a neat ribbon flower! Cute idea! Thanks for playing!