Sunday 28 March 2010

Happy anniverssary Mum & Dad !


Hello to you all and thanks for stopping by - haven't been doing too much card making in the last couple of weeks - seem to be busy doing all sorts of other bits and pieces, I guess its just that time of the year when we all start spring cleaning and trying to tidy up the house and garden.
This is a card that I made for my lovely mum and dad. Yesterday they celebrated their 45th wedding anniversary !
This card really was a last minute quickie but Mum seemed happy with it so I'm happy too !
For the card base I used a textured card from DCWV and the paper is an old one also from a DCWV stack (I think !).
I used my trusty nestabillities for the scalloped ovals layering the same textured card and also some handmade paper in a zingy green.
The silky flower is from the fabulous prima and the glassy looking flower I got from QVC (on the bargain page) they are beautiful and have a pincer type grip on the back so they are really easy to use on all sorts of things - actually my neice had one in her hair this afternoon !
I haven't got a swirl die yet (on my wish list !) so I made my own using my quickie glue pen and doodlebug sugar coating glitter, accented with some stickles dots.
I added a couple of heart pins to give more of a romantic feel to the card and added the love always sentiment with black stazon.
Hope you like it - leave me a comment - I love to see what you all think
((hugs)) Suzie xx

No comments: