Monday, 28 June 2010

Cooking it up with Katie challenge # 20

Well thought I'd have some craft therapy today to cheer me up after Englands Dire performance yesterday.
So I cracked on with the cooking it up with Katie challenge - although I am a little late this week x
This week Katie has asked us to use the following ingredients

Make or Alter an embellishment (hand cut a flower, airbrush a pearl to make it another color, anything like that) Add some Sparkle
Use a Die Cut

So I altered my flowers with my H2O's, which haven't seen the light of day for about a year - forgot how much I like the sheen they give. I also added some of my new diamond sparkles glitter - most of my downstairs and outside also got a good covering - oh and me and the kids of course !
So the diamond sparkles and, I think, the H2O's count as the "sparkle".
I added the glitter to the edges of my middle panel too and also highlighted my image with it.
For the diecut I used my nesties to cut the image panel and chalked it up while the die was still in place which enhances the embossing.

As well as Katies challenge I also used the sketch at Sketch Saturday for inspiration
Here it is

As you can see I flipped the sketch to suit me.

The lace and the sparkly gems are from my craft stash and the green ribbon is from an old shirt !
And the image is a digi freebie - not sure where from - if you know leave me a comment and I'll give credit x

As well as the challenges mentioned above I would like to enter my card into the following:

Crafty Creations - Shine (Glitter/H2O's/gems)
Crafty Pad - Embossing (middle panel embossed with cuttlebug swiss dots folder and my bigshot)
The ABC Challenge - Xtra dimension (image raised with pinflair glue gel and flowers curled)
Cute Card Thursday - Reuse/recycle (green ribbon reused from old clothing)
I Love Digi - Emboss it (middle panel embossed)
Crafty Catz - Go Digital (Digi image)

I hope you like it - thanks for popping by x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

12 comments:

Sprytebyrd said...

Great card! I love how you've done the lace!
Thanks so much for joining us at I ♥ Digi! Good Luck on our Emboss It Challenge!
Hugs! Dee (Spryte)

Katie said...

Super card!
Very sweet image and I love the papers you chose!
Thanks for Cooking It Up With Katie :)

maxine said...

so cute thanks for joining us at the crafty pad

Rebekah said...

V cute Suzie! Love those colours, glad I have got you hooked on nitwits too, aren't they yum?! Thanks for the tip re the magazine too! Hugs Rebekah x

CRAZYCRAFTSHED said...

Hi Suzie
A gorgeous card,thankyou for joining us at CraftyCatz,
hugs Dianne xx

Jo said...

This is so adorable :)
and I love that paper!
thank you for joining in with us this week at sketch saturday
Jo xx

Suzanne said...

Great card. Thansk for playing at Crafty Catz this week
Hugs
Suzanne x

Tracy said...

beautiful card Suzie great take on the sketch and i love that image. hugs Tracy x

Pat said...

Great card, beautiful colours. Thanks for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.

Pat xx

Lynne said...

Hi Suzie - just become a follower - your cards are beautiful :o) xx Lynne xx

Annie said...

I love the sparkle and great recycling! thanks for joining in with us at CCT.
hugs, annie x

Poppy said...

great card.
Thanks for joining us at I ♥ Digi!
poppy