Wednesday 15 June 2011

Another boys card !! {yawn}


Thank goodness that fathers day only comes once a year - I hate making mens cards !
I have to admit that I was sooooooooooo tempted to go out and buy some fathers day cards {gasp!} but I was saved by the sketch over at card patterns this week which now has pride of place in my "fav sketches" folder.

What a super duper versatile sketch - I love it - many thanks to the card patterns girls for being a fab source of inspiration {again} this week.

My simple card uses DP from the DCWV stack Nana's kids and I used coredinations card to cover the chipboard star and scuffed it up a little with a nail file !
The letters {super sparkly !} are thickers from American crafts - hey even men like a little sparkle and if not it's tough !!

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

Card patterns - Sketch
The Sisterhood of crafters - Celebrating dad
Little red wagon - For Dad
For fun challenges - Summer fun {summery brights colours}
Bows n berries - Masculine
Cupcake craft challenges - Boy, oh boy
Partytime Tuesday - Fathers day

Thanks for visiting me today x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

12 comments:

Delphine said...

Fantastic card, Suzie! Great papers and layout and I love the letters! Thanks for joining us at Cupcake and good luck! Delphine xx

Joanne said...

Love it!
Joanne xo

Stella said...

Gorgeous chevron stripes and i love that star with the sentiment on top of it!

Hugs,
Stella
XX

Shelly said...

Hiya Suzie! How ya doin? Wow great card! I love the colours you've used! Thanks for playing along at Cupcake this week! Shelly ;)

Vanessa said...

Great take on the sketch, Suzy! Thanks for joining us at Card Patterns!

Cards By MI said...

Lovely bright card. Really great design. Thanks a bunch for playing with us over at For Fun this week.
Love n hugs
Marie

Faye said...

Another fabby creation. Thanks for playing at Cupcake again. xx

uhooi said...

Uhooi,,
Wow,, This card is very beautiful, nice and sweet,,

Uhooi.blogspot.com

Rosemary said...

It is hard to make Male cards but you aced it.

paige said...

I love this colorful card for Father's day! Thanks for joining us at Party Time Tuesdays!

Renee Matarese said...

What a fun card! I love the star. Your DP is so cool. Thanks so much for playing the Party Time Tuesdays Father's Day challenge.
~Renee
PTT DT

Unknown said...

beautiful card.
Hugs