Friday 27 May 2011

Dad - You're a star !


Well today it is time to share with you my 1st DT project for Easy craft projects.
I am very excited to join such a fab team and look forward to playing along with the DT girls and you too !

This week we want you to show us your projects for Dad. With Fathers day in June it's a great chance to get a card made so you won't be rushing around the day before - like I usually am !
But you are welcome to share any craft project like a scrapbook page or an altered item - as long as it's for a dad.

My card was made using DP from All my memories and a Bazzill just the edge trim which I embossed with my Swiss dots folder and bigshot.

My star was stamped and then embossed using an embossing pen, and bronze embossing powder, which meant that I could pick out the detail of the stitching and also the edge of my die cut circle and the top star in its entirety.

I stitched the papers {and border} which is one of my favorite things to do at the moment using my sew easy tool - I love it x

So I hope you will join in with us at easy craft projects - you have a fortnight to complete a project for or about a dad.

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

Paper sundaes - Pop it up !
Sparkles forum challenges - Something metal (embossing - bronze)
The Kraft journal - Clean and simple
Lexi's Creations - Spots or stripes
Gingersnap creations - Colour combo (denim, rust & tan)
The house that stamps built - Stitching

Thanks for visiting today x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

12 comments:

Unknown said...

This card is so pretty and I love the cutout section and how the star is featured. Thank you so much for joining us at The Kraft Journal.

Tracy said...

Fantastic card! Love the cut out and I always like stitching on cards. :-) Thanks so much for sharing this with us this week at The Kraft Journal!

lalkygirl said...

fab card,love the papers ,i love the denim look and the fab idea of the cut out,
thanks for joining us at lexis and good luck
tracey x

Crystal said...

Love this card and the stitching looks great! Fab Father's Day card. Thanks for playing along with us at Paper Sundaes this week :)

Jenny said...

Thanks so much for sharing with us at Paper Sundaes this week. Love that cut out circle - it really makes the star embellishment 'pop'!

trisha too said...

What a cute card, Suzie! Thank you for joining in the challenge at Gingersnap Creations, and good luck!

:)

joy said...

Great Father's Day card! Thanks for participating in the Repeat Impressions Challenge.

Audrey Pettit said...

What a fabulous masculine card design! Absolutely love the patriotic looking papers mixed with the kraft, and I LOVE that circle punch out with the star. The stitching is fabulous, too.
Thanks so much for sharing this with us at The Kraft Journal.

Lin said...

Fabulous masculine card. Perfect for Father's Day.

Thanks for joining us at Lexi's Creations.

Lin xx

Deb (dcorder) said...

I love your "rusty dusty" creation. And that punched window is a lot of fun!

Thanks for join us at Gingersnap Creations.

Silvia(Barnie) said...

Beautiful piece.

Crafty Lynz said...

Hi Suzie

this is a lovely card. Just perfect for dad's!!

Thanks for joining us at SFC this fortnight!

Why not come and join Sparkles Forum. A great place with lots of crafty chatter and lots of fun, as well as challenges and swaps. Hope to see you there.
http://sparkles-forum.forumotion.co.uk/

Hugs, Lynsey xx