Sunday 14 November 2010

Simply Sparkling snowflakes




Here is an card that I made using this weeks sketch at Clean & simple. They want to see us use a different shape as our focal point.
I have not got a nestie this shape so I used microsoft word to manipulate the fab curvy winter frame from Whimsy stamps into a rectangular shape and shadow cut it by hand.

I do really struggle with clean and simple style although I love other peoples - I guess we are more critical of our own work !

I finally settled on a black base card so that the icy blue colour would really pop but it was a dicission that took me ages - don't quite know why it just seems so harsh - I might still add a bit more glitter around the edge to soften it a little.

There is a ton of glitter on this card (and my floor, my table and myself !) and it really twinkles beautifully. The glitter I have used is butterfly trails diamond sparkles and it is stunning - I would def reccomend it.

I would like to add this card to the following challenges;

Clean & Simple - Sketch
Secret Crafter Saturday Challenge - Sparkle and shine
Delightful Challenges - Glitter it up
A Spoonful Of Sugar - Snow or snowflakes
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Use glitter
Sweet Stampin Challenge Blog - Snowflakes
Marks Finest Papers - Snowflakes

I hope you like it, thanks for looking x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

12 comments:

Tammy said...

A very elegant card Suzie!! I love all of the sparkle!!
Hugs, Tammy

Vicki Dutcher said...

Oooh I like the framework and edge glitter! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends!

Anne said...

Wow Suzie, this is awesome, I LOVE clean and simple. Hugs x

downrightcrafty said...

Oh this is absolutely gorgeous and full of sparkle and shine, thank you for sharing with us this week at the SCSC
Hugs Kate x

redwasher1 said...

This is absolutely stunning!!
Thanks for sharing it with us at Speedy's Friends.

Harriet Skelly said...

Oh this is gorgeous - I love what you did with the sketch! Thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends (and the CAS blog team!).

Jane (Carroll's Creations) said...

Gorgeous

Thanks for joining us on SCSC :)

Hugs Jane x
SCSC DT

Joanne (jojot) said...

this is so classy and fine....thanks for playing with Speedy's Friends

Rachel said...

Beautiful card!! Thanks for joining us this week at Delightful Challenges.
hugs,
Rachel

Helen said...

Beautiful card!
Thanks for joining us at the SCSC!
Helen x

Mel X said...

A fabulous creation.

Thanks for joining us this week at the Secret Crafter and good luck.

Mel X

Lindsey said...

This is lovely!
Thanks for joining us at Sweet Stampin this week
Linds x