Friday 28 May 2010

My 1st Mo's digi stamp !



So I have been admiring these images for ages but was a little scared to take the plunge - as I haven't mastered my copics quite yet but, after reading this super tutorial, I decided to bite the bullet and give it a go.

I am so glad I did - I feel quite proud ! Of course there is always room for improvement but I think this is an admiral 1st try.

I struggled with the background paper as I didn't want anything to detract from my main image. So eventually I settled on this gorg paper I've had in my stash for years with blue sky and clouds. I think it is from a DCWV kit but I'm not so sure. I used the same paper to cover inside too and stamped "Have fun" inside - I thought this would be perfect for my friends son who will be 1 in June.
I added some ribbon and a bow and made a coordinating little ribbon tag which is stuck down under the insert - I do like these little tags and often use up my ends of ribbon putting them on cards.
The image is diecut with my nesties and inked while the die was still in place and the sentiment I stamped twice once with blue ink then over in black to give an almost shadow effect.

I am entering this into the following challenges :

Mo's Digital Challenge
- Celebrate babies
Crafty Pad - Over the edge challenge
Digital Tuesday Challenge - Cute People
Crafty Creations Challenges - Want us to use our favourite stamp
Paperplay Challenges - Up in the air
A Spoon Full Of Sugar - Celebrations

I would like to say a special thank-you to Carolyn for the fab tutorial it was so clear and simple to follow and without it my copic markers would still be sitting in my bulging craft cupboard x

I do hope you like it as much as I do, thanks for looking x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

11 comments:

Debbie said...

Oooh lovely card Suzie - great colouring and fab image. :)

Thanks for entering the Crafty Pad Challenge and good luck. :)

xxDebbie CPSdesigns

Tracy said...

this is gorgoeus Suzie and your colouring is fabulous. hugs Tracy x

Carolyn King said...

Suzie--you did a fantastic job on this card. So glad you are USING your Copics now. Thank you for the link and the sweet email!
Keep coloring!!!

Suzi Mac said...

Gorgeous card Suzie, love the image, he is so adorable. Thank you for joining us at The Crafty Pad this week.
Hugs
Suzi x

craftyb said...

awww...that image is adorable...such a cute card! Thank you for joining us at Crafty Creations! bx

Elaine L. said...

This is just wonderful in the pale blue! I love the simplicity of the layout, too. Thanks for sharing it with us in Mo's Challenge this week.

Heather said...

Adorable! Such a sweet use of an adorable image!

Maria Matter said...

Totally adorable Suzie! Perfect coloring & papers...and perfect for the Digital Tue challenge this week!
Thanks for joining us!
blessings!

Dawn B. said...

LOVE the sky paper. It is perfect for this card. Thanks so much for joining us at MO's this week.

The Wired Angel said...

Very lovely card..beautifully done and perfect for the challenge. Glad you have joined the ranks of Mo's fans. Thanks so much for playing along with us at Mo's challenge this week. Peggy x

Lisa said...

This is so adorable! I love what you did with the whole thing! Thanks for joining us at Mo's Challenge this week!