Thursday 11 March 2010

Mojo Monday sketch # 129 & Creative Cottage 1st challenge









Firstly I would like to congratulate the creative cottage on their very 1st challenge which is to incorporate "new" into a card design. This could have been new products, new job, new home the possibillities are endless - I went for new baby !
I wasn't so sure of the mojo sketch to begin with and it took alot of shuffling the card elements about and adding more layers but I am thrilled with the result - just goes to show what you can achieve when you leave your comfort zone and push yourself that little bit harder.

I knew I wanted to use some of my "new" papers from Papermania's Honey and hugs range they are just so cute - perfect for spring and baby cards. This image is just 1 of 4 from a 6 x 6 page so this set could really stretch with some thrifty cropping !
So all 3 patterned papers are from this set and the pearlescent paper is from my craft stash.
I embossed the lower pink panel with a paisley cuttlebug folder and my bigshot, I also used my bigshot to diecut a swirl (Sizzix decorative swirl #3) which I positioned under some flowers secured with a gorgeous brad (not sure what range this came from - sorry).
Under the flowers I have added a double bow (make a bow with a longer length of ribbon then loop the ends to make another bow - almost rosette style) I made the bow with a very light pink sheer organza so it would be delicate and not detract from that super cute lamb.
I added a sentiment from a K & Co kit I've had ages and ages and finally dotted some fruit punch stickles on the lambs cheeks - had to stop myself from adding more glitter to his coat - enough is enough !
Inside it says "It's a girl" - I have a friend who is pregnant so I am now hoping she has a girl !!

Well that's it - thanks for looking and for all your comments - still on the look out for some good beginners copic tutorials if anyone knows of any.
Thanks.
Suzie X

6 comments:

Noor Nahdi said...

Lovely card and cool colors Suzie!!
Thanks for commenting in my blog..
<>

Sankari W. said...

Awwww!! This is adorable! Love that little sheep and the flowers and colors! So sweet!!!

Tracy said...

fabulous card all the detail looks great and the image is very cute
thanks for joining in this weeks creative cottage challenge i hope you will join us again next week
Tracy x

Linanna DESIGNS said...

Good morning Suzie, wow what a stunning card hunny, i love these new papers from Papermania, and i love the image you've used too. Thank you for joining in with the first Creative Cottage challenge, i hope you will join us again next week hunny! good luck, hugs Linda x

Becky said...

What a gorgeous card Suzie, I love the soft colours and the texture, just perfect!!
Thanks so much for joining us for our first Challenge at The Creative Cottage, good luck with the DT call!
Love Becky xx

Donna said...

Gorgeous card and such a sweet image...thank you so much for joining in the fun with us at Creative Cottage this week :) Donna x