Thursday 24 February 2011

Beautiful courage x



Hello happy Thursday to you all !!

I am here with a quick post to show you a card I created, for my teenage neice, with a couple of the new stamps which I bought with some money my sister kindly gave me for my birthday (watch this space more creations with more yummy stamps will follow !)

I have been inspired to purchase some {ippity} stamps by the super talented Lucia from poppits cupboard who makes amazing original cards in her lovely little cupboard - so thanks Lucia for pointing me in the direction of this great original stamp company x

I used papers from my Victoria 7 gypsies paper pad and worked with an amazing sketch over at CPS card sketches. I often look at the sketches there but this is the first time I have joined in with the fun - so to them I would like to say thanks for a great sketch and all the fabulous inspiration you provide week after week x

Once I had chosen my papers I cut out the circle (with my trusty nesties) and trimmed it to size before stamping the flowers in the background on it, and the super sentiment over the top.
I done a little paper piercing around the edge to make my circle pop a little more and inked the edges of both the DP's and card base too.
I felt that my card needed a little something else so I diecut the cute little crown using my nesties and bigshot and added a gem.

Really that's all it needed - this paper is so beautiful I loved the sketch for it as it didn't call for me to cover it all up !

I would like to add this card to the following challenges;

CPS Card Sketches - fab sketch - thanks x
Ooh La La Challenge Blog - Pink, pink and more pink !
Creative Craft Challenges - Card for a teen
Incy Wincy Designs - Use punches or dies
Digi Doodle Shop's Best - Spots and dots
Paperplay Challenges - Get sentimental
Rainbow Lady's Challenge Blog - Shabby chic

Thanks for taking a look - hope you liked it x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxo

19 comments:

Nikki said...

This is beautiful I love how it's all about the sentiments :) and the papers are delish Thanks for Sharing at Incy Wincy this Week
Hugs Nikki and the rest of the DT

Poppit said...

Oooooh!!!! Yay!!!!! You've joined the wonderful world of ippity!!!! Thanks for the shout out. I love your card - so elegant. And the sentiment is gorgeous.... I haven't got this set, and am now wondering why not!!! Xx

Jen said...

Lovely papers and I like the crown. Super sentimeny too. Thank you for joining in with Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Jen x

Julye said...

What a fab motivational card for a teenager, I think we should send them to teenagers everywhere as it always seems a hard transition, and not just on the teenagers either. Thanks for sharing with us all here at creative craft challenges and good luck.

Rainbow Lady said...

Truly gorgeous love those stamps. Thanks for sharing love Cynthia x

Anonymous said...

This is stunning, love the colours of the papers you used. The crown die cut is a fantastic touch too! Thanks for joining us at Paper Play Challenges this week!

Sylvia x said...

thanks for joining us at creative craft challenges...great card and perfect for a teenager..

Sylvia x

Christine said...

Love the stamps and your papers are fab. Thanks for joining us at Rainbow Lady's challenge this week.
Christine x

skylife said...

I really like that. It's really simple but with that sentiment says so much! Wonderful card!
Thanks for joining us at DDSB

ElizabethR said...

Great colour scheme and fab card. Love the crown, thank you for sharing with us at Rainbow lady's challenge this week. Good luck Elizabeth

AB. said...

Absolutely beautiful card!!! Love the crown!!! Lovely sentiment too - esp for a teenage girl. xxxx

Hazel (Didos) said...

Oh Lovely, I used this paper too for the challenge, mind you it was difficult as its lush, Thanks for playing along on Rainbow LAdy, Hazelxoxo

Dana said...

This is so pretty Suzanne and I adore the sentiment!! Thanks for joining us this week at Digi Doodle Shop's Best!
Hugs~
Dana

Liz's creative corner said...

Wow thanks for joining us at paper play with this gorgeous creation, lovely use of the sentiment,hugs Liz xx

frazzled2day said...

Beautiful card, a lovely sentiment and use of colors. Thanks for joining us at PaperPlay Challenges this week :o) hugs, Janey x

Rachel said...

Gorgeous card, I love the colours and the stamps. I've given you a mention on my blog as your cards are so gorgeous. Wedgie xxx

Stella said...

This is gorgeous and elegant; I'm sure your niece will LOVE this! I am in LOVE with that gorgeous crown :)
Hugs,
Stella

Wendi said...

What a beautiful card and such a lovely sentiment
Thank you so much for sharing with us at ooh la la this week
Wendi

Basslady said...

awesome card!

looks so tender and noble!

hugs and kisses from germany,
silvi xoxo