Tuesday 4 January 2011

Fabulous floral fancy !


Well hello again I am back with another card to show you. I am feeling refreshed and raring to go after my little crafting break - yes my mojo is seriously fired up !

While browsing through some of my most favorite blogs a few days ago I came across this sketch over at The sweetest thing and knew I had to use it just take a look for yourself


When I saw that circle I just knew I wanted to fill it with a lovely big handmade flower and I had been further inspired by Katharina over at whiff of joy tutorials blog who reminded my of my twinkling H2O's that have not seen the light of day for goodness knows how long !

So I found some tissue paper (saved from Christmas) and got to work giving it a colour wash with the H2O's then added a little more shimmer with some of the Cosmic shimmer mica powder that my lovely mum and dad got me for Christmas.(During this process I managed to spill the entire contents of the tiny pot all over my dining table and let me tell you that a little def goes a long way with this stuff and although I cleaned and cleaned it my whole family now shimmers like fairies - which my hubby just loves !)

When dry I used my dahlia spellbinders dies to make my flower shapes and screwed them up for a wrinkled look and layered together with a little brad. Then I touched the edges of the petals with some wet glue and sprinkled on some gold glitter. When that was dry I sprayed the whole flower with spray and shine - 'cause it needed more glamming up !!

For the background I have used some papers which have been at the back of my craft cupboard for well over a year - found them while having a rummage last week - they are from a HOTP paper pad and that gorg border punch is of course MS. The swirl is from sizzix and I added MORE glitter and sort of rubbed it off while it was still drying for a worn shabby look - like it's peeling.

This is not my usual style but I am feeling more and more like a crafting chameleon and I love trying on my different colours !
Sorry for the long post - I have rambled on a bit !

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

The Sweet Sunday Sketch - Beautiful sketch Karen - thanks x
Allsorts Challenge Blog - Thank you
Craft Your Days Away Challenges - Punch it out (border punch, flower die and swirl die)
Flourishes Timeless Tuesday - Flowers
Bunny Zoes Crafts - Sparkle and shine (this most def fits the bill !!)
Phindy's Place Challenge Blog - Give Thanks

Thanks for visiting today, I hope you liked my offering x
((hugs)) Suzie xx

7 comments:

Stella said...

A post filled with a beauty like this is never too long...dont worry :)
Your card aww...just blew me away. It's fabulous and I love love love that flower!!!
Hugs,
Stella

Fleur said...

Absolutly stunning flower, a beautiful card
Thanks for joining my challenge at ALLSORTS this week, Good Luck
Hugz Fleur xXx

Brandi said...

Wowzers ~ this is just gorgeous! Love the flower and all the shimmer! Smiles ~ Brandi

Anne said...

What a stunning and different card, lovely!

Phindys Place has a Thank You challenge running too at the moment, do please pop by and enter:)
Happy New Year
Anne
X

Mummylade said...

that flower is just stunning! Thank you so much for entering the Allsorts challenge and good luck!

Cec said...

Wow, what a fabulous flower. Thanks for joining us at Phindy's Place and I hope you will check out the new challenge that was posted today.
Hugs!
Cec

shaz*crafts said...

love love your card so simle but so elegant I love it sharon x