Saturday, 20 February 2010

Unscripted Sketch #43

This is my first entry into an unscripted sketch challenge and it was a double whammy !
They piggy backed a colour combo onto the sketch.
I hope you like the outcome as much as I enjoyed creating it.
The base paper if quilted diamonds from Karen Foster design. On top of that I layered strips of a striped paper from K & Co and a darker green paper from a Brenda Pinnock kit I have. The chipboard swirls are made by Magenta and I left them bare for that shabby chic look.
Layered on top of the swirls are a flower, leaves and a butterfly that I cut out of somemore K & Co paper and I accented the butterfly with a couple of gems and a little wooden bead. I also gave the flower middles a little lift with my Spica glitter pens but not much as I wanted to maintain the shabby/grungy look.
I stamped "Mum" with my Love Elsie - Josie alphabet and the you're the best is from a Kelly panacci set. A button from doodlebug completes my card.
The vintage look is not usually my style but I thouroughly enjoyed this challenge - thanks Unscripted Sketches and thanks for looking x

9 comments:

Sarah said...

Ummm WOW!!!! This is an awesome creation using the sketch AND the color combo!!! Beautiful work.
Thanks SO MUCH for playing along with US this week.
Sarah M
Unscripted DT

dstandard said...

Love this card - great creation with the color and sketch combo!

Caryl P said...

Fabulous work combining the color challenge with the sketch. I love the vintage look, and you did it so well I never would've guessed it isn't your style. Thank so much for joining in at Unscripted and I hope you'll play again soon!

Caryl
US DT

Kristie said...

Gorgeous card!! What a fabulous take on the sketch.

Kelly said...

thanks for joining US this week! What a fabby card to showcase- especially with the double challenge!! great job- kelly

MrsMomma said...

Beautiful card! Love the flourishes! Thanks for playing along with US this week!

Steph_C said...

Fantastic card! Great take on the sketch and color combo. Thanks for joining US this week!

itsabrt said...

Well Mrs. McFloozy (lol)this is a mighty dandy card to say the least! I love your swirls and lovely flowers. I am so glad you joined us this week at Unscripted Sketches and hope you play with US again really soon! Beth aka BR-T

Tracy said...

beautiful card Suzi i love the swirls and all the detail and such beautiful colours to, very elegant.
x