Monday, 23 April 2012

Butterfly kisses


Good morning - well it's Monday again - don't they come around far too fast ! 

I had a great crafty day on Saturday - one of those days when it all flows really nicely and I made 3 cards that I was really pleased with.
My 1st 2 cards were DT cards and you will have to wait to see those (!) but this card was inspired by the fabulous Case study card this week. 
When I saw the gorgeous card made by this month's muse Laurie Schmidlin I immediately thought of this DP that I have had ages. I'm not even sure what brand it is - sorry ! I love the country feel to it and wanted to keep it relatively simple with a sort of shabby feel to it.

I chopped a doily in half and stamped it with my butterfly garden clear stamps from pink paislee then added some stamping off the edge of the DP too (see top left side and top right corner). Then wrapped with some twill and topped with a bow & button combo. 
The butterflies are die cut with my crealie creative die and my cuttlebug swiss dots embossing folder then inked them up with some worn lipstick distress ink. The sentiment is HOTP.

I would like to add my card to the following challenges;

Case study - Fab inspiration card by Laurie Schmidlin
Catered crop - Use Kraft
Our creative corner - Butterflies

Thanks for visiting me today I hope you get some time to craft today x
((hugs)) Suzie xoxox

16 comments:

Silvia(Barnie) said...

A wonderful birthday card, love the embossed butterflies. Thanks for joining us on FSC this fortnight.

Tammy Ortiz said...

Super cute card. I am impressed three cards is fantastic

Claire said...

Hi Suzie, what a beautiful delicate card. Love the butterflies. Thanks for joining us at FSC
Claire xx

Doreen said...

This is just gorgeous.Thanks for sharing this with us at Whimsy Stamps.xxx

Meggymay said...

A gorgeous card, love the butterflies. Thank you for joining us at FSC this time.
Meggymay

Jayne A said...

Very pretty. I love those papers and the die cut butterfly's.

Hugs
Jayne
x

Linda McClain said...

Suzie - It's GORJus! Beautiful!

Patrice said...

Love the embossing of the butterflies!

Sarah said...

So Pretty! I love the butterflies!

Thanks for joining us at the Pretty Little Ribbon Shop challenge.

Sarah x

Astrid Maclean said...

Love this card, so delicate and beautiful! It has a real spring feel to it, gorgeous!

Anita Houston said...

Gorgeous gorgeous gorgeous! Love your colors and those polka dotted butterflies are a wonderful addition. Thank you so much for joining us at Our Creative Corner!

Iwona Palamountain (Chupa) said...

Oh wow, this is such a nice, feminine and romantic card! Thanks for joining us at CASE Study this week!

Jean Martin said...

Wow this is so pretty! I agree with Chupa! It is so romantic! :) Thanks for sharing this with us at CASE Study Challenge! :)

Sharon said...

Suzie, your card is really wonderful! I love the pattern paper you chose and the embellishments are so prefect with it! the stamped doily really adds a vintage feel to your card! LOVE IT
thank you for playing along with us @ oCC. i hope that we see more of your work.

Anne Marie Hile said...

Just gorgeous, Suzie! Love the texture, the dimension and the soft color combo. Very pretty! Thank you so much for joining us this week at Our Creative Corner! :)

lynne said...

Hi
This is a wonderful birthday.
Pretty colours and wonderful embossing.
Thank you for sharing with us at FSC.
Wishes
Lynne